The content for this information hub is provided by several not-for-profit organisations that support the Build to Rent sector. They have different specialisms and we are grateful to the various contributors who have provided their expertise and resources:
The British Property Federation is the membership organisation for, and the voice of, the UK real estate industry.
We represent and promote the interests of all those with a stake in real estate in the UK – owners, developers, funders (equity and debt), agents and advisers.
We have led advocacy on the creation of the Build to Rent sector and support for it from local, regional and national governments.
The Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC) Europe is the trade association for commercial real estate finance in Europe, primarily representing a diverse range of lending institutions, but also advisory businesses supporting the market and investors in both real estate and real estate debt.
We promote commercial real estate financing markets that are diverse, liquid and sustainable, supporting all types of market participant as well as the economy as a whole. We do this by:
- organising educational, informational and networking events, including through our network for young professionals,
- carrying out advocacy work, and
- bringing together working groups on particular industry initiatives where collective action can help the market work better, or deal with emerging risks or opportunities – financing UK Build to Rent is one such area.
Our vision is to make Build To Rent a lifestyle of choice for our customers by:
- Spreading the message about the benefits of Build To Rent;
- Communicating how Build To Rent can help address the UK’s housing crisis;
- Developing best practice amongst our members, raising standards and focussing on our customers;
- Enabling our members to learn from each other and from 40 years of experience from the USA;
- Creating the authoritative source for information on Build To Rent in the UK.
Our activities include:
- A comprehensive events programme for our members, covering business to business networking, peer to peer learning, supplier forums, and social events;
- Educational and training programmes and opportunities, addressing the current and future needs of our members, their teams and people entering the sector;
- UK and international study tours to understand best practice, learn about the future and research alternative solutions to common problems;
- Research and innovation projects to improve the quality of decision making by the industry and other stakeholders including government.
- Working with other property organisations and stakeholders, to ensure a single voice for the sector, efficient use of resources and improved outcomes.
Our members are creating the rental communities of today and tomorrow – together we are shaping the future of Build To Rent”
The Property Industry Alliance (PIA) seeks to give the commercial property sector a more coordinated and effective voice on issues such as policy, research and best practice. Eight bodies participate:
- Association of Real Estate Funds
- British Council for Offices
- British Property Federation
- Commercial Real Estate Finance Council Europe
- Investment Property Forum
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Urban Land Institute
Its Chairman is Bill Hughes, Head of Real Assets, Legal & General Investment Management.